Every bit of "intel" is required to make profitable investment decisions nowadays, but for some, Silicon Valley proved to be the place to be this earnings season. Intel Corporation was no exception, the company’s share price grew by 37.83% over the last year.
Intel Corporation (INTC) recently reported better than expected fourth-quarter earnings with an 8.3% Y/Y surprise beat on revenue. The company reported Earnings per share (EPS) of $1.58 with the forward 2020 earnings outlook sealing the deal for investors. The company sees upside for F20 with revenue of $73.5B, $5 EPS, 33% operating margin, and a 13% tax rate.
Intel Corp (INTC) share overview:
- Sector: Information Technology
- Market Cap of $ 262.98 Billion
- Dividend Yield: 1.8%
- Price/Book: 13.1
- PEG: 1.77
- Shares outstanding: 4,277,000,000
- 52 Week Range low of $43.46 and $68.47 per share high.
Intel has also declared a $0.33 per share dividend and is scheduled to go ex-dividend this week on the 6th of February 2020. The announced payable date for the dividend is the 1st of March 2020.
The price action rallied after the earnings report and is currently finding support at the $63.59 per share level. The stock is still above its 50-day simple moving average but is expected to move lower when the stock goes ex-dividend
Source - Bloomberg
Seasonality might also be a tell-tale sign of what to expect as cyclical factors do influence a company's share price. Intel does outperform its sector to the middle of January where it starts to move lower throughout February, but starts picking up momentum back up through to July.
- Portfolio Hold (Current)*
- Portfolio Buy opportunity: Neutral**
- WhatsTheBeef long term target price: Neutral.
Know your company: Intel Corp (INTC)
- Intel Corporation was founded on the 18th of July, 1968, by semiconductor pioneers Robert Noyce and Gordon Moore (of Moore's law) and is associated with the executive leadership and vision of Andrew Grove.
- The company's name was conceived as portmanteau of the words integrated and electronics, with co-founder Noyce having been a key inventor of the integrated circuit (the microchip).
- Intel is the world's second-largest and second highest valued semiconductor chip manufacturer based on revenue after being overtaken by Samsung Electronics.
- Intel is also the inventor of the x86 series of microprocessors, the processors found in most personal computers (PCs).
Sources - Intel Corp, Bloomberg, KOYFIN, Investing.com, SeekingAlpha, Zacks Research, EasyResearch
*Portfolio Hold (Current) refers to investors who already hold the stock within their portfolio.
**Portfolio Buy opportunity refers to Technical level crossed which might imply that the markets behavior would support the outlook and Close above refers to a share price close above a Technical Resistance level.
Follow Barry Dumas
Barry is a market analyst with GT247.com, with a wealth of experience in the investment markets. Now in his tenth year in the markets, Barry "The Beef" Dumas brings a combination of technical analysis and fundamental insights to the table.