The “Sky” (no pun intended) is the limit it seems and if you are into E! Entertainment and Telemundo is your thing then this global telecom conglomerate is worth looking at.
Let’s take a closer look at the consolidated highlights of the third quarter results:
- Net Income attributable to Comcast increased3%.
- Adjusted EBITDA increasing 2.5%
- Earnings per share (EPS) up 7%
- Revenue (consolidated) increased by 5%
The Comcast Corporation have declared a dividend of $0.19 cents per share, with the Ex-Dividend date falling on the 31st of December 2018. The expected dividend payment date would be on the 23rd of January 2019.
Class of shares, Comcast Corporation Class A shares which are publicly traded can be bought on EasyEquities. The Class B shares do not trade publicly and is held entirely by the CEO Brian L. Roberts between a company he controlled, BRCC LLC and two trusts of Mr. Roberts.
Let’s have a look at the chart of Comcast, we can see that the price action formed a symmetrical triangle technical pattern and broke out of the triangle in March 2012.
Source - Bloomberg
- Portfolio Hold (Current)
- Portfolio Buy above $40.00 per share (Future)
- #WhatsTheBeef target price: $44.00 (Future)
Did you know: Comcast Corporation (CMCSA)
- Comcast has a long list of subsidiaries which include NBC, Sky Limited, DreamWorks Animation and Universal Pictures to name a few.
- Microsoft (MSFT) once invested $1 billion in Comcast back in 1997 (which was a lot of money back in the 90’s).
- Back in 1963 the company began modestly with the purchase of a 1200 subscriber system in Mississippi and grew from there to become the largest cable TV company in the U.S.
Follow Barry Dumas
Barry is a market analyst with GT247, with a wealth of experience in the investment markets. Now in his tenth year in the markets, Barry "The Beef" Dumas brings a combination of technical analysis and fundamental insights to the table.